Ensuring that your SWF is correct and complete is the best way for Full-Time professors to ensure that they have enough time to provide quality education to their students.
Your Union members of Seneca’s Workload Monitoring Group will be reviewing SWFs and answering workload questions at the following locations:
S@Y – Friday Nov 18 – 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Room S1209
King – Monday Nov 21 – 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. in the Law Lodge
Markham – Tuesday Nov 22 – 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. in Room M1000
Newnham – Wednesday Nov 23 – 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. in Room B4060
You are invited to drop in with your SWF, or even just with any questions that you may have about how your workload should be calculated correctly on a SWF.
Partial-Load faculty are also encouraged to drop by, to understand why a SWF could be a valuable thing for them to seek in the next round of bargaining.
Even if you’ve already signed your SWF and returned it to your manager, we can help you identify any changes that might nevertheless need to be made, and help you understand the process by which those changes can be made prior to the start of the Winter term.
Meeting with your WMG members can help you to understand:
- Whether you’re being given credit for all the work you do
- Whether you’re actually in overtime without realizing it (or being paid for it)
- Whether you’re doing uncredited work that could be given to a contract faculty colleague
- What kind of evaluation you’re being directed to do in your classes, and how much time you’re being given to do it
- Whether your workload formula is being improperly manipulated to fit more students into your classes
Come on by!