Celebrate Spring with Family Movie Day
Saturday, April 8, 2017 – 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
2236 Queen Street East (The Beaches)
Paid for by your union, OPSEU Local 560 (www.opseu560.org)
Kung Fu Panda 3
Note: Parents and/or their adult guardian(s) are responsible for the safety, care and supervision of the children they bring to this event.
If you have any questions contact us by email or phone as usual. We look forward to seeing you!
Phone: 416-495-1599 Email: email@example.com
Tweet, Post, Comment, ReTweet #Fairness4CF
On March 3, faculty, students, staff, and concerned citizens from across Ontario will engage in a day of action on Twitter to raise awareness about the need for fairness for contract faculty.
Throughout the day, university and college community members will be invited to send their Boards of Governors or College Employer Council a message about their priorities for the institution, including improving contract faculty working conditions and the quality of education offered to students.
Ontario college faculty and supporters should send your messages to the College Employer Council and its chair, Linda Franklin and Minister of Advanced Education for the Ontario government, Deb Matthews:
For Seneca, tweet @SenecaPresident
The hashtag to use is: #Fairness4CF
#Fairness4CF Fairness for contract faculty means equal access to benefits.
It’s time for respect! @CollegesOntario
#Fairness4CF Faculty working conditions are students learning conditions.
#Fairness4CF Contract faculty deserve equal pay for work of equal value, job security, and access to benefits.@Deb_Matthews
You can also post these messages on your Facebook and/or post to Contract Faculty Forward Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/contractfacultyforward/
Our contract faculty colleagues need your support. Tell the Council and the Ministry that part time faculty deserve fair treatment.
OPSEU Local 560 is currently looking for an experienced Part-time Office Administrator to join our team in the Scarborough/North York area. This position is for 30 hours a week, on a fixed-term contract until June 30, 2017.
Compensation commensurate with qualifications, skills, and experience
As an Office Administrator, you would be responsible for the following:
- Answering and directing phone calls to the Local office
- Administrative support: filing, responding to emails, completing reports
- Organizing information, in paper or electronic format
- Updating electronic databases
- Ordering office supplies
- Updating and maintaining the membership list, contacting members as needed
- Transcription of meetings at different locations, and occasionally at times outside of regular business hours
- Maintaining a schedule of events, and attending events as needed
- Preparing material for meetings and ordering catering, as required
- Occasional research in support of Local activities
- Executing simple bank transactions for the Local, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate must possess the following skills:
- 3-5 years of administration experience
- Proficient software skills – Word and Outlook
- Advanced software skills – Excel (ability to organize data using Excel formulas)
- 65 wpm keyboarding
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to organize bulk distribution of materials, including print and electronic
- Flexibility of scheduling; ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to travel to different sites accessible by TTC and/or YRT public transit
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
- Strong ability to handle intense periods of high activity
- Union knowledge or experience an asset
- Knowledge of academic environments, especially Seneca College, an asset
If you are interested and qualified for this opportunity, please email your resume in confidence to Allison Lougheed at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 15, 2017.
Location: Dragon Pearl Buffet Restaurant,
865 York Mills Rd #2, North York, ON M3B 1Y6
(just west of Don Mills Rd)
Refreshments at 5:30, meeting begins at 6:00 p.m.
At this meeting, we will be determining the 2017 budget for Local 560. No less importantly, we will be voting on and ranking our priorities as a Local for this summer’s round of Collective Agreement negotiations.
- Annual Budget
- Negotiations Team Presentation
- Contract Faculty Update and Mobilization discussion
Free parking, child/eldercare reimbursement, refreshments to suit all dietary needs.
All Full-time and Partial-load faculty are invited to attend. We welcome Part-time and Sessional faculty as guests, space permitting.
If you have any questions contact us by email or phone as usual. We look forward to seeing you! Phone: 416-495-1599 Email: email@example.com
All faculty, counselors and librarians welcomed!
February 19, 2017
12pm – 2pm
The Bier Markt
7 O’Neill Road, Toronto, ON, M3C 0H2
Paid for by your union, OPSEU Local 560
Let’s be collegial!
- Meet your fellow faculty members across all campuses
- Share teaching experiences from your Schools
- All faculty welcomed!
- This is not a meeting: no reports, no votes, no agenda. Let’s just be collegial!
- Sign up here and advise on any food allergies or intolerances.
- RSVP by February 10th, 2017