EI and aquiring ROE from employer  


To apply for EI sickness benefits, I need my record of employment (ROE) from my employer. During a strike or lockout, can I get my ROE?


Your employer should give you your ROE. If you can’t get it, or there is a delay, don’t wait for your ROE. Apply as soon as possible – a temporary claim can be set up for you. Bring proof that you were working, such as pay stubs, to the EI office when you apply for benefits. If you informed your employer of any scheduled surgery or provided medical certificates for your sick leave, then take copies with you to the EI office.


Please Login or Register